Canadian Teachers: The documents you will need to send once you accept a contract are listed below:
*** Please take photocopies of your criminal record check and degree before sending them to Korea as they may be required by the Korean Consulate.
1. GEPIK Application Package
with Photo Attached
do not staple pages
with GEPIK Medical Statement filled out
Including Cover Letter/Essay
Signed Agreement for Deposit
2. 3 Copies of the Signed GEPIK Contract
3. A Signed Copy of your Resume with correct address and contact information
4. ORIGINAL RCMP Fingerprint Check
apply electronically for the fastest processing by getting fingerprinted at the local police station or RCMP office. Fingerprints are taken with LiveScan and are emailed to the RCMP. An RCMP CRC will be sent to you directly from the RCMP office. If you apply directly with the RCMP and mail your prints in, it will take too long to process.
must be issued within the last 6 months
must be verified by the Korean Consulate
5. A Notarized and Korean Consulate verified Photocopy of your University Degree/Diploma
a PHOTOCOPY of the original must be notarized by a Notary Public, then verified by the Korean Consulate
you will be required to bring the ORIGINAL degree with you to Korea
6. A photocopy of the info (photo) page in your passport
7. 4 color passport photos (must be professionally done, not printed)
8. 1 Sealed University Transcript
Must be stamped or signed over the seal.
Void if seal is broken
9. Health Statement Form (Immigration)
there are 2 different HSF's for you to fill out. One was part of the GEPIK application and this one is for Immigration in Korea.
10. 2 Letters of Recommendation (at least 1 must be Professional)
OPTIONAL DOCUMENTS: if applicable
1. Proof of Salary
ESL Certificate (ie. TEFL, TESOL, CELTA), minimum 100 hours must be stated on the certificate
Apostilled Photocopy of MA Degree/Diploma & 1 Sealed Transcript
Proof of Major (if English or Education)
Proof of Teaching Experience - only applies to Korean Public Schools and accredited schools in your home country. Must be on school letterhead.
2. Korean Criminal Record Check (Teachers in Korea)4. F2 and F4 visa holders
photocopy of your visa from passport
Important: This is only the 1st step of the E2 process and all the documents listed above must be sent to your school as soon as possible after acceptance (or no later than 4 weeks from your start date). Once your documents are sent to Korea, you will prepare for the 2nd step, which includes obtaining your visa at the Korean Consulate (more information to follow).