Please click below to download the most recent GEPIK Contract
Important aspects of the Contract:
- Contract is 365 days long, no more, no less (unless you love it so much and wish to re-sign for another year!)
- 18-25 days of paid vacation per year
- Contracted to teach 22 x 45 minute classes each week
- Expect to be at school between 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
- Teach at 1 school for the entire year
- Korean co-teachers in class with you at most schools
- Teacher gets reimbursed for a one-way flight to Korea within 30 days of arrival, a return flight will be reimbursed at the completion of the contract.
- 50 % medical insurance sponsored by the school through the NHIC (http://www.nhic.or.kr/portal/site/eng/)
- 50 % Pension Benefits for all teachers EXCEPT Canadians and Irish through the NPS (http://www.nps.or.kr/jsppage/english/main.jsp)
- Free, furnished studio apartment – usually within walking distance to your school
- Curriculum is provided but the teachers create their own lesson plans in most cases
- Housing deposit – for the first 3 FULL months, a deduction of 300,000 won (each) will be made from the teacher’s paycheck. This 900,000 won is held as a deposit for the teacher’s apartment. Upon completion of the contract, this money would be used to pay the last of the bills, look after any damage that happened in the apartment and then the remainder is refunded to the teacher.
NOTE: With GEPIK jobs, you have the benefit of being able to review the contract well in advance. If you are interested in pursuing GEPIK, please read and familiarize yourself with the contract and clear up any questions you have BEFORE you start dealing with schools.