The Way GEPIK Hires
- Lately, it seems that the lowest category that schools are accepting is Level 2, which means that they are unofficially requiring teachers to have either a B.Ed, B.A. with English major, or a TESOL/TEFL Certificate. For the March 2010 term, no Level 3 teachers were hired.
- We have 2 ways of getting GEPIK jobs for teachers:
1) Directly with the school
- Need to have at least Level 2, according to the Eligibility Categories
- Often request a female, something they are not allowed to do through the head office
- Teachers are considered more fairly, but will often not hire a teacher who is lower than Level 2 (according to Eligibility Categories (see below)
- Best option for Asian and African-American applicants