Completing your E2 visa with issuance number at the Korean Consulate
Once you have sent all of the required documents listed in Step 1 to the school, you can begin preparing for the final stage in the E2 visa process during the time your documents are being approved by the Korean Immigration Office. The wait time is approximately 2-3 weeks from the date your documents are submitted at the Immigration Office and your E2 visa number will be forwarded to you as soon as it is available, either by your school or your visa representative.
You will also be asked to prepare the following documents for the Korean Consulate:
1. Passport with remaining validity of at least 6 months, plus a copy
2. A completed visa application form with E2 # (you can write the number in the top right hand corner of the form if there is no designated box)
3. A passport photo(2"x2" color)
4. Fee ( ($72 CAD, $45 USD, NZ $84, A$132, UK ￡125)
(By mail: money order only, payable to: The Korean Consulate General)
5. Sealed University Transcript (optional - check with your Consulate)
6. Filled out Interview Form (optional)
7. Copy of the signed contract (optional - check with your Consulate)
In case of applying by mail please provide a prepaid postage return envelope (Express post or Priority Courier) with complete address. (FedEx, DHL, Purolator will not be accepted.) Only money orders are accepted for applications by mail (no personal cheques) and cash/money order if you come in person.
*Applicants may also be asked to submit a photo copy of their criminal record check and degree